Truck Accidents Lawyers in Denver Helping You Recover Damages and Losses
Trucks, pickup trucks, and commercial trucks are much larger than traditional vehicles on the road. They pose a greater threat, for this reason, to other drivers as they can cause serious accidents and damage to other motor vehicles such as cars, SUVs, and motorcycles and the people driving them.
There are 11 million truck drivers operating on highways across the United States. Every year there are 500,000 commercial trucking accidents and nearly 5,000 fatalities.
The most common causes of truck accidents are driver error. Carelessness or mistakes on the part of the driver is the reason for most truck crashes. Fatigued truckers driving from state to state can be a danger to other drivers with miscalculations in speed, misjudgments, and failure to maintain control over their large, heavy vehicles.
Truck accidents can cause serious bodily and mental harm and injuries to truck accident victims, including:
- Concussions, head trauma, and other traumatic brain injuries
- Blunt head trauma
- Whiplash and other types of back and neck injuries, including spinal cord damage
- Injuries to ligaments, tendons, or muscles
- Burns, lacerations, cuts, and bruises
- Broken bones, possibly shoulders, ribs, knees, elbows, and more
- Loss of limbs or amputation
- Internal damage, trauma, and bleeding
If a commercial truck accident has resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, or you have suffered injuries in a trucking accident, our truck accident attorneys with Ragab Law Firm, P.C. may be able to help you recover damages and lost compensation.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Truck Accidents?
Truck drivers and trucking companies follow stringent rules and laws to protect other drivers on the road. When semi-trucks and other large commercial vehicles are involved, there’s a greater chance of danger and injury when accidents happen.
Carelessness can cause a truck accident, though even the most competent truck drivers can run into issues that cause havoc to other vehicles, passengers, and drivers. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Maintenance issues: Malfunctioning brakes or failures in the air brake system prevent a fully loaded truck from stopping at speeds of 35 to 40 mph. An 80,000 lb truck is a deadly weapon on the road when the air brake system fails to stop.
- Rollovers: If a tire blows out, a truck takes an aggressive turn, or an obstacle pops up in the road, a large truck could slide sideways or trigger a dangerous rollover, especially when there’s a full or unbalanced load.
- Blind spot accident: When other cars follow a truck too closely behind, sometimes the driver cannot see them in the other lane. This can easily cause an accident with turns or shifting to other lanes.
- Cargo or falling debris: Improper or overpacked trucks can be a safety hazard to other drivers as debris, vehicles, or large cargo is at risk of falling on other vehicles.
- Swinging turns: When a truck swings in either direction too quickly or abruptly or makes too wide a turn, this can cause a collision with other passenger vehicles.
When you or a loved one is impacted by a serious truck accident, Ragab Law Firm, P.C. will handle conversations with the trucking company, insurance companies, and other attorneys for injury claims to ensure your rights are protected from the start.
What Information Should I Gather After a Truck Accident?
If you have been involved in a serious truck collision, you know the shock and emotional distress of it. Truck accidents can cause mental and physical harm to you and your passengers.
To protect yourself after an unexpected truck crash, it’s important to be mindful of your next steps so as not to hinder your future personal injury case.
- Contact the police: Call the police so they can gather information and document the accident scene and create an official report.
- Exchange information with the truck driver: Get license plate information, a photo of the insurance card, and the name of the trucking company.
- Get names and information of any witnesses: Exchange information with any witnesses at the scene and gather names and contact information you can share with your insurance company and a truck accident lawyer with Ragab Law Firm, P.C.
- Avoid talking with the trucking company: Your truck accident lawyer with Ragab Law Firm, P.C., will handle communications with the trucking company and your insurance company to avoid any pressured settlements.
- Seek medical attention immediately: If you or a passenger has serious injuries as a result of a truck accident, call 9-1-1 to get immediate medical attention. If you have minor injuries, visit the nearest urgent care or health system to get an evaluation from a physician to rule out any internal bleeding or trauma.
The next two steps are important when dealing with a truck accident injury claim. Call our truck accident lawyers with Ragab Law Firm, P.C., to begin communicating with the trucking company and your insurance company to initiate the truck accident claim.
What Will a Truck Accidents Lawyer Do for Me?
Truck crashes represent nearly 10 percent of all fatal accidents in Colorado. The Bureau of Labor shows 450,000 truckers, overall, will be involved in serious car crashes in any given year. Trucking accidents can change your life dramatically, and your family’s when you can no longer work, bring in income, or function mentally or physically as you used to.
When tractor-trailers, semi-trucks, or other commercial trucks demand a truck accident lawsuit, Ragab Law Firm, P.C. and our team of truck accident attorneys are here to build a strong personal injury case on your behalf and seek the full financial recovery you need to change your outcome.
An experienced truck accident attorney will help you understand your rights, provide sound legal advice and negotiate a fair settlement to cover your expenses as a result of your pain and suffering, such as:
- Medical bills and related expenses
- Vehicle repair or replacement
- Lost wages
- Permanent disability (and the impact of a future with a disability)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Focus on your recovery and healing, which can sometimes take years, as the medical bills pile up, among other expenses. You will benefit from our firsthand trucking industry experience as we work to build a strong case, from gathering evidence to filing a personal injury claim to negotiating a fair settlement and handling every step of the process.
Heal from a Truck Accident Physically and Financially
A commercial truck accident can change the course of your life in an instant, whether it’s due to careless or reckless driving, maintenance issues, or seasonal elements.
We believe a truck accident should not define you or take away any more of your freedom, financially or otherwise. A fresh start, so to speak, is possible when you contact our experienced truck accident lawyers with Ragab Law Firm, P.C.
Our team is the team you choose to deal with the unexpected like a truck collision and go to battle for you against the truck driver, the trucking company, and the insurance company to receive the maximum compensation for your pain and suffering and losses.
If your life has been negatively impacted by a commercial truck accident and you are dealing with the mental and physical ramifications, post-traumatic stress disorder, depression, financial losses, and serious medical debt, pick up the phone today and speak with an experienced truck accident lawyer with Ragab Law Firm, P.C.
You might be entitled to compensation and damages due to your truck accident claims, and we can be the change and outcome you want to see in your life after a challenging, life-altering accident. Book a free consultation today and discuss your potential personal injury case with our personal injury attorneys at 303-557-2011.