Business Counsel Lawyer in Denver Protecting Small Businesses from Financial Ruin
More than 13 million, or nearly 60 percent of all small businesses, have experienced significant legal events in the past two years warranting legal support, according to business.com. This same source shows the most common reasons for costly legal disputes, including:
- Unpaid invoices from clients
- Contract review
- Document review
- Contractor and supplier disputes
- Internet security breaches
- Product liability issues
- Employee theft
- Tax audits
- Employee issues
- Threats of consumer lawsuits
These legal issues, when they happen, hit small businesses where it hurts—in the pocketbook. Owning a business is unpredictable, even with the best-laid intentions and planning, whether you’re starting a new venture or growing an existing one.
Everyday business decisions, whether the intention or not, can cause legal disputes and costly headaches that could lead to financial ruin for many companies without the support of an experienced business counsel lawyer, like Ragab Law Firm, P.C.
Do Startup Businesses Need Legal Counsel?
The journey of business ownership is laden with as many highs as it is lows. A good business counsel lawyer will help minimize the impact of the lows when business decisions cause disruption and legal disputes.
In a new business venture, there are a lot more unknowns to prepare for. Most new companies need less legal counsel and advice at the start, though one important step is creating the right legal structure and business entity.
Ragab Law Firm, P.C. will help you choose between some of the most common business structures, including a sole proprietorship, partnership, corporation, or S-corporation. This will ensure the separation and protection of your personal and professional assets as you get started.
As your partner, too, we stress the importance of drafting legally-sound contracts for clients and employment agreements for the hiring of employees. The last problem you want to have is unclear language for customers or employees that result in unpaid invoices or poor employee behavior that might lead to wrongful termination issues or lawsuits later on.
From helping you strategize as you build your business to ensuring proper setup with your business entity and contracts and agreements, Ragab Law Firm, P.C. is your one-stop shop for all of your legal business needs.
How Will a Business Counsel Lawyer Help as My Business Grows?
The different seasons of business demand different legal strategies, guidance, and advice. Ragab Law Firm, P.C. partners with companies in a variety of stages, from new ownership to more mature enterprises, to offer legal counsel when and where you need it most.
More mature businesses oftentimes deal with the growing pains of scaling and everything that entails. This might mean expanding your client base, hiring more employees, acquiring businesses or property, and much more.
The bigger the business, the more decisions to make and the more potential for legal disputes without the right legal advice and counsel. Ragab Law Firm, P.C. helps midsize businesses in a variety of ways, including:
- Assesses risk and provides solutions for prevention
- Assisting with intellectual property strategy to protect innovative goods and services and registration
- Real estate or business property issues
- Business or contract disputes
- Wrongful termination and employee labor issues
- Compliance with business regulations and other Colorado state laws
- Conflicts in connection with the sale and purchase of companies, stocks, and so forth
- Improper use of protected data or information
- Defending your business in more serious cases as intellectual property infringement arises, wrongful termination lawsuits, and other business-related cases
- Drafting contracts and agreements, as appropriate
- Carefully examining and reviewing outside partnership agreements
Ragab Law Firm, P.C. provides business owners with a host of legal services and valuable strategy and counsel to work through daily business decisions, and we help you adhere to state regulations and law and offer protection as disputes arise.
What Happens if I Don’t Have a Business Counsel Lawyer?
Our business lawyers keep you in tune with blind spots in your business that could lead to legal disputes down the road. This is true if you’re a new startup and even more so if you’re a seasoned enterprise.
We provide legal counsel and support to ensure you’re as prepared and proactive as possible in your business. Without the support of a business counsel lawyer, some of the potential issues you could run into include:
- Choosing the wrong business structure or entity, which could lead to tax or liability issues and, as a result, legal expenses
- Ramifications or fines as a result of not complying with Colorado state laws and business regulations
- Lawsuits due to faulty, poorly written, or vague contract agreements, both customers and employees
- Idea or intellectual property theft that could cost your business thousands, in some cases, millions of dollars
- Poor financial deals
- Employee and labor lawsuits
- Legal disputes that could harm your reputation and cost time and money
Starting or managing a business without legal foresight can lead to financial ruin in more ways than one, especially for smaller companies. You and everything you have built, or are trying to build, are too valuable to lose.
If you are thinking about starting a new venture, building a business, or growing one—consider the benefits and advantages of partnering with a reliable and trustworthy business counsel lawyer like Ragab Law Firm, P.C. See if we’re a fit for your business by booking a free consultation at 303-557-2011.
See How a Business Counsel Lawyer Can Help Your Company
Our business counsel lawyers understand what it takes to run a business. As part of this, we focus our efforts on mitigating and minimizing risks so you are better armed to run it without the disruption and obstacles that can drag you, your profits, and your reputation down without the right legal strategies.
Ragab Law Firm, P.C. and our team of seasoned business counsel lawyers can be your go-to legal resource for understanding the ins and outs of your industry and business, from startup to business expansion. Rely on us for:
- Starting a business and creating the right business formation and legal structure
- Drafting employee contracts and partnership agreements
- Copyright and intellectual property protection
- Navigating mergers and acquisitions; deal transactions
- Labor laws and employee relations guidance
- Resolving business claims and issues
- Resolving property and estate disputes
- Managing risk and compliance
We will be a constant in a sometimes unpredictable market and the journey of entrepreneurship. See if Ragab Law Firm, P.C., and our team of business counsel lawyers are a fit for your business needs and long-term goals. Book a free consultation today and learn more at 303-557-2011.