Intellectual Property Lawyers in Denver Helping Businesses Protect their Most Valuable Asset
The Commission on the Theft of American Intellectual Property estimates that intellectual property (IP) theft costs the United States economy approximately $600 billion annually.
When a person or company uses, sells, or makes a sale off of a product they weren’t permitted to use, this infringes on a company’s most valuable asset. Intellectual property theft and misuse cost businesses a fortune in lost earnings and earning potential.
Understanding your intellectual property rights, and the steps to protect them, starts with Ragab Law Firm, P.C. We are an intellectual property law firm with a knowledgeable team of intellectual property lawyers that help companies every day with IP legal counsel and advice—from identifying the right IP strategy to filing for protection to defending businesses that face copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret abuse.
We protect and enforce your intellectual property rights as intellectual property protection is critical to cultivating innovation for the economy and the world. Without it, businesses and individuals would not reap the full benefits of their inventions.
What is Intellectual Property?
Intellectual property is a person or company’s creative ideas and inventions through intangible assets such as trademarks, symbols, designs, names, and images. Businesses can use intellectual property to strengthen or maintain their competitive edge, as well as expand their market share and profits as a result. Intellectual property is the only asset businesses have to separate themselves from the competition and stand out.
There are four types of intellectual property, including:
- Copyrights: A copyright is given to the original owner of a creative idea or invention to publish, perform, film, or record his or her work.
- Patents: A patent is an exclusive right granted to the creator of an invention that offers a new way of doing something or a technical solution to a problem.
- Trademarks: A trademark is any word, creative symbol, phrase, or design that represents your goods or services.
- Trade secrets: Trade secrets are considered private, exclusive information related to goods or services.
If you are starting a business or growing, now is the time to consider an intellectual property strategy and an actionable plan for protecting your most important business assets. Call our intellectual property lawyers with Ragab Law Firm, P.C. today to learn more.
What is Intellectual Property Infringement?
Infringement is the most common type of intellectual property abuse. The Department of Commerce shows that the infringement of trademarks alone resulted in estimated losses of $6.1 billion, and infringement of patents and trade secrets resulted in estimated losses of $2.4 billion.
It pays to be proactive as the cost to file a trademark ranges in price from $275 to $660, and a few hundred to a few thousand dollars to partner with an intellectual property attorney to facilitate the process and offer valuable legal advice along the way. Examples of intellectual property infringement include:
- Patent misuse: when a person or company illegally ties products or services to the patented invention, uses price-fixing or fraudulently makes customers pay royalties on items of the patent. Patent abuse might include forcing customers to agree to pay royalties on unpatented products or expired patents.
- Copyright abuse: when a copyright is used beyond its legal capacity, and in violation of the Copyright Act, this is considered copyright infringement. Examples of this might include creating merchandise for sale that features copyrighted words or images or downloading music or films without paying for use.
- Trademark infringement: In situations where a trademark is identical or nearly identical to a trademark used by another company, might be considered trademark infringement.
- Trade secret misappropriation: when a person acquires a trade secret and discloses private information about a business with a competitor, as an example, this is considered trade secret misappropriation.
Ragab Law Firm, P.C. can protect your business from IP violations and enforce your rights when another person or company abuses your company’s trademark, copyright, or patent.
How Can an Intellectual Property Lawyer Help Me?
If you are a new business or your business is in the scaling stages, intellectual property is your lifeblood. Ragab Law Firm, P.C. can help you register your trademark, apply for a patent or implement other measures to ensure your business secrets are safe.
Taking this step is important for the future, too, in the instance another person or company infringes on your creative rights. We can help course-correct and defend your intellectual property rights with appropriate legal measures.
As your partner, we help businesses through a variety of intellectual property-related needs, such as:
- Identifying the best intellectual property strategy based on their goals and vision
- Expanding with new products and services and growing their intellectual property
- Conducting competitive searches
- Working with patent and trademark offices to obtain patents and trademarks
- Providing ongoing legal counsel
- Filing appropriate paperwork with the USPTO
- And finally, using mediation or litigation to defend your IP rights and recover damages or lost compensation as a result of stolen or abused IP
Count on Ragab Law Firm, P.C. in your various stages of business to provide the needed legal counsel and support when building your IP assets, protecting them, and recovering any losses as a result of IP misuse.
Save Your Business Thousands with an Intellectual Property Lawyer
Whether you’re a new business owner or a more mature enterprise, there’s no better time to understand your intellectual property rights as they have a direct impact on your profits and your ability to grow and thrive in the marketplace.
Other companies can claim your ideas as their own and potentially make thousands, if not millions of dollars, off of your creativity and innovative thinking. You should be the only one to reap the rewards of your hard work—and we can help make that happen.
Ragab Law Firm, P.C. is a team of seasoned and knowledgeable intellectual property lawyers. We work with businesses of all shapes and sizes and help our clients explore the best IP strategies for their business and long-term success while offering unparalleled IP legal advice and counsel as decisions and steps are taken to grow and expand.
From conducting searches to filing paperwork to defending you against IP infringement, Ragab Law Firm, P.C. and our lawyers for business cases are the team you turn to for a partner that’s committed to your safety, security, and success in your business.
Save your business thousands of dollars and avoid legal hassles in the future by booking a free consultation with Ragab Law Firm, P.C. and protect your business and your creative rights today at 303-557-2011.