Distracted Driving Lawyers in Denver Recovering Your Losses
There are 42 distracted driving-related crashes every day in Colorado. The highest occurrence of total distracted driving crashes is among 21- to 30-year-old individuals.
The Colorado Department of Transportation defines distracted driving as the act of engaging in activities such as texting, looking after children, talking on the phone or to other passengers, watching videos, eating, or reading.
Taking your focus away from the road puts you, your passengers, and other drivers in danger. Distracted driving accidents can feel like they happen out of nowhere and can cause serious bodily and mental harm, injuries, and in unfortunate cases, paralysis and death.
Motor vehicle accidents like this can change a victim’s life in an instant and sometimes in life-altering ways. The worst part about distracted driving is that it can be avoided and prevented. Injuries in a distracted driving accident might include:
- Concussions, head trauma, and other traumatic brain injuries
- Whiplash and other types of back and neck injuries, including spinal cord damage
- Injuries to ligaments, tendons, or muscles
- Burns, lacerations, cuts, and bruises
- Broken bones, possibly shoulders, ribs, knees, elbows, and more
- Loss of limbs or amputation
- Internal damage, trauma, and bleeding
If you have suffered injuries and lost wages, among other things, at the hands of a distracted driver, it’s time to call Ragab Law Firm, P.C., and our team of distracted driving accident lawyers to seek justice.
What is Distracted Diving?
There are more ways now to distract yourself while driving than ever before. Distracted driving is any activity that diverts attention away from the road, including talking or texting on your phone, eating and drinking, or playing with the radio.
The dangers of distracted driving are real, and too many people make the personal choice to conduct these activities when their focus should be on the road to ensure the safety of their passengers and other drivers.
Right now, lawmakers in Colorado are focused on preventing distracted driving accidents caused by texting and driving a cell phone, particularly among younger or new drivers. More car accidents are caused by distracted driving than driving while intoxicated, which is a startling thought.
The Colorado Department of Transportation shows the top distractions of drivers include:
- Eating food or drinking a beverage
- Finding entertainment like music
- Reading a text message while attempting to drive
- Talking on a cell phone
- Sending a message while driving
Don’t let a distracted driving crash hinder your future any further. Alternatively, if you have a distracted driving violation, discuss your potential case with a distracted driving accident lawyer with Ragab Law Firm, P.C.
How Can I Protect Myself after a Car Accident?
Distracted drivers cause nearly 120,000 accidents in Colorado every year. If you are the victim of a distracted driving incident, you can take important steps to protect yourself and your potential personal injury case should you need to recover losses or damages, from your vehicle to medical bills and much more.
- Stay at the scene: Don’t leave the scene of an accident, even if it’s minor. Attempt to pull to the side of the road and call a police officer immediately so they can help you and the other party exchange contact and insurance information, document the incident and file an official police report. Share facts only and don’t offer any speculation.
- Take photos and gather evidence: Take any photos of the damage to your vehicle and the other party’s, traffic signals, and any relevant conditions like snow or ice. This important documentation will serve as a visual aid when you file a claim.
- Seek medical care: Even if you don’t have visible injuries, this could mean internal trauma or bleeding. See a doctor immediately following an accident so they can give you a thorough examination and provide you with a medical report.
- Notify your insurance company: Inform your agent you have been in a motor vehicle accident so they can begin the auto accident claims process. Avoid signing any forms or agreeing to any rushed settlements, as insurance companies often push after a car accident.
After a car accident as a result of a distracted driver, you can call a Denver car accident attorney with Ragab Law Firm, P.C., to discuss your case and handle important communications with your insurance company or other attorneys. We work for you, and not all companies can share this sentiment.
Will a Distracted Driver Lawyer Help Me Get Compensation?
Colorado, like many other states, understands the dangers of distracted driving. As such, distracted driving is illegal and is considered any activity that is not required to operate a vehicle and actively impairs a person’s ability to drive in a safe manner.
Ragab Law Firm, P.C. is a personal injury law firm with experience in car and truck accidents, as well as other collisions. We provide legal counsel and support for drivers that have been injured by distracted drivers and need us to prove negligence and driving in a careless or imprudent manner that resulted in pain and suffering, mental or physical harm, and associated losses.
As your partner, when you file a personal injury claim, we work to prove distracted driving behavior caused you harm and put you in danger while driving. Distractions fall into one or all three categories, including:
- Visual attention: Reading a map, GPS, or looking at another passenger and similar visual distractions can divert a person’s attention away from the road and cause an accident.
- Mental attention: Cognitive distractions like texting is considered an activity that hinders a driver’s mental attention, talking to other passengers, or driving while fatigued.
- Manual attention: If a person takes one hand off of the wheel or another other, similar manual distractions, they may not be able to respond to a road hazard or another obstacle that requires a quick response.
A Denver distracted driving accident lawyer with Ragab Law Firm, P.C. is the personal injury firm you need to prove negligent and careless driving caused you harm and injury in order to receive fair compensation.
Change the Outcome of Your Future After a Distracted Driving Incident
Negligent drivers and poor driving choices that infringe on Colorado driving laws meant to protect people can cause catastrophic injuries and long-term consequences for innocent people.
An accident caused by a distracted or novice driver could result in a personal injury claim. Common distractions can cause serious injuries and harm, unexpected medical expenses, lost wages, a job, and your overall freedom.
When it’s time to take your life back after a distracted driving accident, call Ragab Law Firm, P.C. Our personal injury lawyers are prepared for the unexpected and stand up to fight for your rights when you don’t have a voice or when an accident takes a loved one’s life.
You might be entitled to compensation and damages due to your pain and suffering related to a distracted driver’s negligent behavior, and we can be the driver of positive change and a better outcome for your situation. Book a free consultation today and discuss your potential personal injury case with our personal injury attorneys at (303) 564-7313.